These days we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11, a mission that led mankind further then ever.
At this very special occasion we prepared an update to pay tribute to all the people involved in this wonderful achievement. Occasionally, we are staring at the Moon at night, admire its beauty, and although we cannot see them, we somehow feel the footprints that the generation of our grandfathers have left there.
Now about the update and the contest we prepared for you:
- In the main menu, which by the way has some nice photos from NASA, you can select to play "APOLLO 11" - that is our take on the Lunar Lander - one of the oldest computer game genres.
- Once you succeed in landing on the right spot the Moon (using WAD keys or up, left and right arrows), you get a "TOP SECRET" code to the cheat the game to look like a 1960s TV broadcast from the Moon. Once used in game, it will last until the next load.
- Create some nice moon-like picture of the game with the effect. It might be a recreation of Apollo landing site scenery with the lander or a secret alien base on the dark side or anything else, it is up to your imagination.
- Send us the picture by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 24, 16:50:35 UTC (the time of Apollo 11 Splashdown).
- (non mandatory) Once you have the picture, share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter etc., tell them what you like about the game, and that it is the best time to buy it now. It's on sale with 50% discount on Steam as a part of Steam Exploration Sale.
- We MIGHT reward some pictures that we will like by Planet Nomads branded stuff like a Baseball Cap or a magnetic Bottle Opener.
- Be aware that we might use your picture with or without your name or nickname for any purpose. There is no guarantee of giving any price. The contest is our own initiative, neither Steam nor Facebook, Twitter or other social networks are organizing or responsible for the contest.